My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, Florida, United States

A reader and a writer. A dreamer and a doer.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Today I'm taking an online course. It's tedious and boring, so in between chapters I have been working on various, assorted other tasks at my desk.

I've been paying bills online. Cleaning up "My Pictures." Filing some paperwork.

Checking international currency exchange rates. (The American dollar has been falling steadily in relation to both the Euro and the Bulgarian lev ever since I started tracking it. At this point, we are looking pretty sick on the international money markets.) Interestingly enough, the Bulgarian lev has also been decreasing in value in relation to the Euro. Boy, I wish I had bought a bunch of Euros a year ago!!

Emailing back and forth with Comcast, trying - for the FOURTH TIME - to resolve an ongoing problem with my account. It's an IT issue, and the people who work in IT seem clueless. I've given up on trying to sort this out over the phone, because that uses up hours of time on my cell phone minutes, during business hours. I finally got the email of someone who is supposed to be the "head dude" and emailed, but all I got was a reply from one of his flunkies. I'm trying to tell them that I don't want another underling - after six months of this nonsense, I want to talk to someone who can crack the whip and get to the root of the problem.

Emailing back and forth with Nadia, in Bulgaria. Over there, it is now late evening, dinner is over and she happens to be online. I needed some info from her, and she is teasing me, sending it to me written in the Cyrillic alphabet. I told her that my Bulgarian language books are packed away, and my brain is on overload, but she is ignoring me. So, I decided to try translating it and - I GOT IT!!! YAY!!! Turns out I remember more than I would have imagined. I guess that each time I go there and get immersed in the language, the more of it I absorb.

Meanwhile, I am giving my toenails a French manicure:


Breaking up the course study chapters with other things is helping me to keep my brain from exploding.

D'you like my toenails? :o)))))))

I know, I'm getting pretty goofy now. My brain feels like an overripe melon!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home