My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, Florida, United States

A reader and a writer. A dreamer and a doer.

Friday, May 01, 2009

well, i finished the green beans at 3:00 this morning. i won't be doing something like that again for a while! i'm still bleary-eyed, but need to get my butt in gear and go to work now.

figured out the economics of this project. each of the 22 single-sized servings i have carefully packed away in my freezer cost me 58 cents, plus whatever the ziploc bags cost, but i will reuse them, so that doesn't count.

that's not bad - actually it's good value - but i'm not sure if i would do it again, unless i were lucky enough to live on a farm again and have a nice vegetable garden.

my son read the blog and left a comment. he reminded me that when i used to try making him eat green beans, it was world war three. i remember that! ha, ha! now, he tells me that he likes spinach. just spinach - no butter, no vinegar, just plain spinach. when he was little, that was the LAST thing he would have swallowed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home