My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, Florida, United States

A reader and a writer. A dreamer and a doer.

Sunday, March 22, 2009


Today I drove north to spend some time with Aunt Margaret and Uncle Albert Weemstra. I went to church with them in the morning, then visited with some of their friends afterwards for coffee and sweets. This is a picture of the three of us - they're drinking coffee and I'm drinking water, as usual. They each ate a big, apple turnover and a couple cookies, but I didn't eat anything. I couldn't believe it when just an hour later, they were packing away a full meal!
Later, we went back to their place and had a meal together. Aunt Margaret made lasagna. She always has something she baked to give me. This year, it was a loaf of homemade raisin bread. She seems to have figured out (finally!) that I just don't like sweet stuff. The raisin bread should be pretty good for breakfasts this week.
Every year, they spend three months in Florida and every year, we plan one good, long visit together to catch up on all our news. It's soooooo good to see them each year! They tell me about my cousins and their kids, and the other relatives in New Jersey. We always have lots to talk about, and lots to laugh about. I've noticed that in the past couple years, Aunt Margaret has mellowed quite a bit. She seems more relaxed than I've ever known her to be. After almost seventy years of smoking cigarettes, Uncle Al quit smoking two years ago - maybe that's part of the reason she seems so pleased!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home