My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, Florida, United States

A reader and a writer. A dreamer and a doer.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

It's just another Sunday. The sky is overcast, the air is warm and I'm feeling lazy. This morning I went to church. The preacher came out with one of his famous "demonstrations" that made us laugh hard. He is a deeply sincere man, and his messages are always good, but every once in a while he can't resist a little walk on the wild side - all in good taste, but always hilarious.

I got (and gave) a few hugs before and after the service. They are not, of course, the sort of hugs I long for with my kids, but they're better than nothing. Two people said that I smelled wonderful, and hugged me longer so they could sniff a little more - it was the Bulgarian rose oil I was wearing. It's nice to know that I injected a little pleasure into someone else's morning, but even nicer to get a bigger hug. I'm gonna remember to wear that stuff more often. I stopped wearing perfume years ago, but sometimes I put this stuff on. Guess I'll make a practice of it!

Rocco has been napping all day. The house is quiet - too quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home