My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, Florida, United States

A reader and a writer. A dreamer and a doer.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Yesterday and today gave us some wonderful weather. Yesterday evening, I drove to Naples early in the evening. The air was filled with a heavy mist. That's the best way to describe it. It wasn't thick enough to be fog, or energetic enough to be rain, but the atmosphere was so full of moisture and clouds that it felt like navigating through an introduction to one of the "Twilight Zone" series.

Standing outside in this air feels like standing in rain that is not moving. I can feel it on my face, the water is touching my skin, penetrating my face, and I'm just standing in it, soaking it in.

I haven't needed skin moisturizer or lip balm in a week. The air here is so wonderfully moist that I'm totally comfortable in my skin.

Visually, this reminds me of a late evening in the north, with thick snowflakes drifting slowly down, obliterating just enough of the landscape to make everything seem totally surreal. It looks, and feels, like a "fairyland" - a fantasy sort of place, where nothing is what it used to be, and anything is possible.

My sinuses are clean and clear. My face feels moist and fresh. My lungs are fully expanded. This is glorious!!!!! The moisture in the air has dampened all the nasty pollens, so all the allergens that usually float around in the air have been slammed down into the earth.

The air temperature is great - when I wake up in the morning, it's around 67 degrees Farenheit, that's around 19.44 degrees Celsius. During the day, it gets much warmer, and that is very comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home