My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, Florida, United States

A reader and a writer. A dreamer and a doer.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Well, it's official, I'm going back to Holland next summer. Three weeks, in the middle of the summer - the absolute BEST time of year to be there. I'm pretty much guaranteed nice weather. My relatives in Drachten said I'm welcome to stay with them.

I'll be pretty busy, knocking around all over the place collecting pictures, talking to older family members to glean their stories, and spending endless hours in libraries and historical centres hunched over microfiche machines, looking up old official documents. But, I'll be sure to take time for long walks to soak up the local atmosphere and, hopefully, meet lots of new people - maybe even make a couple new friends to keep in touch with later.

Still working on getting everything ready for my accountant to do my coprorate and personal tax returns. Almost finished with that. The only problem is getting a receipt from the clinic in Bulgaria that I visited last fall. I spent well over $1,000.00 there on dental work and medical stuff. My "concierge" from the clinic has mailed a receipt twice, but it has failed to reach me. We don't know whether to blame Bulgaria's postal system, or the American one. This is getting really frustrating.

"Catch you on the flip side!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home