My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, Florida, United States

A reader and a writer. A dreamer and a doer.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

While I was chug-a-lugging my daily dose of strong, nasty-tasting, fresh-made vegetable juice this morning, I was thinking "I wish I could complain to someone about how yucky this tastes!" So, after two years of silence, I'm back at my blog.

Juiced carrots and beets aren't bad at all. But when you add strong-flavoured greens and a big chunk of fresh ginger, it's positively wicked. The ginger burns as it goes down my throat, and the greens taste like ground-up metal. The only thing to do is just pour it down the old hatch, drinking the whole glass without taking a breath. If you don't stop for air, you don't notice the taste as much.

Cleaning up the juicer and reassembling it for the next day is a job and a half. All this, in the name of good health.

After doing that, I figured I had earned a double shot of espresso, drowned in frothed milk. Then I spent a few minutes doing yoga to work some kinks out of this aging body. Now, I feel better!

Today is Sunday morning and I should be heading off to church. But, I need to work today. So, I'll put on some scruffy clothes, grab a bottle of water from the fridge, and "hit the dusty trail."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home