My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, Florida, United States

A reader and a writer. A dreamer and a doer.

Friday, April 10, 2009









A couple weeks ago, Nadia emailed me asking if I would host her sister, Maria, for a week. Maria is an English teacher in Nebraska, and wanted to use her spring break vacation to visit Florida. Of course, I said yes!





It's funny to think of a native Bulgarian teaching English to American students, but actually Maria teaches ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages.





Maria wanted to visit a few places and have as much fun as possible. She insisted that it would be "my car, her expenses" and of course, I agreed! We first went to St. Petersburg for a couple days, touring the art galleries and enjoying that beautiful city. We stayed at a great B&B. The second picture is Rocco and I sitting beside the front porch, and the third picture is a flock of pelicans on the end of the pier.



On Wednesday afternoon we went to Fort Myers Beach. The third picture is the two of us standing on the pier at sunset.

She went home yesterday afternoon, and now I'm getting ready to work for a few hours, then travel to Deland to spend the weekend with my family.

Helen is here again - hopefully for good, this time. There is another court hearing in a couple weeks, and everyone is hopeful that at this hearing, they will be awarded guardianship of her.

David, John and I plan to go hiking in the Ocala National Forest a couple times. Dave found an old Indian shell mound in the forest that he is going to show me. The three of us just love to hike in the woods together. Dawn is planning to have an Easter egg colouring party with Helen, and later, an Easter egg hunt. Helen has not done that before. We will all join in, and it should be loads of fun.

It's going to be a good weekend! I'll post a few pictures when I get home again.

Y'all have a safe Easter weekend





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home