My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, Florida, United States

A reader and a writer. A dreamer and a doer.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

"home again, home again, jiggity-jig!"

or, i could say "there, and back again!"

be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. at least, that's what i have always heard. but i really don't feel that way. it totally SUCKS to walk back into this place again, where nobody is waiting for me .... i would rather be almost anywhere else, and not be alone.

i'm jetlagged, and cranky. so there!

my neighbours helped me settle in, helped me empty some stuff from the car and helped me get the a/c running again. my wonderful neighbour/friend, adan, messed around with it for about half an hour before he got it blowing cold. he said that after it had been turned off for so long, it needed "a kick and a punch."

two friends, martha and bill, picked me up and took me to buffalo chips and we had a meal together. so, i didn't have to worry about going to the store for groceries tonight, and i had a nice meal, with good company. bill dragged my heavy suitcase inside, and now my car is totally empty again.

whenever i travel over time zones, i have learned this: if i travel 3 time zones, the 3rd day is the day when i will be wiped out. when i travel 7 time zones, the 7th day is the one i sleep through. i don't know why that is, but it always works out that way. this means that tomorrow (well, today, actually) will be the day i drag through.

ok, i'm gonna take my grumpy self to bed now. g'night ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home