My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, Florida, United States

A reader and a writer. A dreamer and a doer.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I got tired of trying to mess around with the blogger software. It has been driving me crazy for the past month, pitching fits over uploads of more than 4 or 5 pictures, messing up the spacing, and sometimes just slowing down to a crawl so slow that it would take me 12 hours just to do a simple post with pictures. So, I am trying to "fake it out" by breaking this blog post down into 4 different posts, and ....... it worked! so, here goes ....
First picture is my cousin Grietje. She is the daughter of one of my grandfather's brothers. She is not much older than me. She and her husband Henk live in Dokkum. She is a midwife assistant and after each birth, she spends 8 days in the mother's home, helping mother and child settle into healthy, comfortable routines. Henk is a long-distance truck driver. They have been married for about 30 years and have three grown daughters.
Here is Grietje and her darling little Jasmine:


And here is Henk. This picture is a rare one, because he only drinks about three beers each year. Here he is, though, celebrating my visit:



Their careers have given them a comfortable lifestyle. The mayor of Dokkum lives two doors down from their house. Here is their house:







And here they are together:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home